NHUNG THI NGUYEN, BS
University of Science Bachelor of Science (BS)
Major: Medical Biotechnology 2006 – 2010
University of Science Master of Science Candidate
Major: Animal Physiology Expected graduation date: 03- 2013
University of Tsukuba, Japan Certificate of training
Major: Gene Regulation, Anatomy, Epidemiology 2011
09/2010 – Present: Researcher, in Stem Cell Lab, Univ. of Science,Vietnam National , Ho chi Minh City, Vietnam.
– Researching on cancer immunotherapy by using Dendritic cells.
+ Compare the maturation of Dendritic cell which uptakes antigen from apoptosis and necrosis- induced cancer stem cell.
+ Evaluate the function of DCs in in vitro immune tolerance to cancer cells and autoimmune to other normal cells including melanocyte, keratinocyte, ADSC, fibroblast.
– Mutation detection of BRCA1, BRCA2, PTEN gene and chromosome in Vietnamese women’s breast cancer stem cells, breast cancer cells and breast stem cells.
– Differentiation of breast cancer stem cells by knockdown of CD44
Analyze the difference of gene expression, cell cycle and tumorigenesis between cancer stem cells, CD44- knock down cancer stem cell and non-cancer stem cells.
– Suppression of human breast tumors in NOD/SCID mice by CD44 shRNA gene therapy combined with doxorubicin treatment.
07/2011- 8/2011, study in Tsukuba University, Japan.
– Justifying the function of MafA as a key regulator of glucose-stimulated insulin secretion.
– Creating MafA-/- knockout mouse by injecting plasmid into fertilized eggs
– In vivo generation of insulin producing from hepatocytes
– Researching on induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS cells) by transducting Nanog, Klf4, Oct4, Sox2, c-Myc gene into fibroblasts.
12/2009 – 07/2010, Senior student, in Stem Cell Lab
Successful recreation of recombinant pCDNA plasmid carrying PDX1
Transdifferentiation of Messenchymal stem cells into insulin-producing cells by using gene therapy.
09/2008 – 01/2009, Junior student, in Stem Cell Lab
Research on DNA recombination and mammalian cells transfection.
8/2007 – 07/2008, Sophomore student, in Stem Cell Lab
Studying to create diabetes type I mouse model using Streptozotocin chemical.
09/2010 – Present: Teaching assistant; Dept. of Physiology and Animal biotechnology
– Laboratory teaching: Immunology; Tissue section; Karyotype; Respiration physiology; Animal physiology; Create mouse models of Ischemic vascular, cancer and diabetes disease.
– Lecture: Neurophysiology, Pathological physiology of neurologic disorders, Nutrition and Neurology, Artificial blood, Gametogenesis.
– Co-advising two students of University of Science to do undergraduate thesis: one thesis is “Evaluation of in vitro phagocytic activity of umbilical cord blood-derived dendritic cells with antigens from breast cancer cells “, another is “examine the suppression of human breast cancer tumors in mouse models by using Dendritic cells”.
8/2011, Certificate of Origin on research in Tsukuba university, Japan
2006 – 2010, University of Science Scholarship for 7 out of 8 semesters
3/2010, Encouragement award prize of “The efficient method of learning at university”, Organized by Ho Chi Minh city‘s Student Union
3/2009 and 3/2010, Certification of Origin of “Mendel Arboretum” competition which evaluated the wise knowledge of biotechnology and biology; Organized by The Student Union of University of Science, Ho Chi Minh city.
2009, Certification of Origin of “Sinh Vien 3 tot” which praised three good skills of student: Academic accomplishment, Studiousness, Physical fitness; Organized by The Student Union of University of Science, Ho Chi Minh city.
2009, Certification of Origin “Guong sang sinh vien dai hoc KHTN” about good learning method and virtue that positively affect other students of University of Science; Organized by The Student Union of University of Science.
1. Phuc V Pham, Nhan LC Phan, Nhung T Nguyen, Nhung H Truong, Thuy T Duong, Dong V Le, Kiet D Truong and Ngoc K Phan. “Differentiation of breast cancer stem cells by knockdown of CD44: promising differentiation therapy”. Journal of Translational medicine 9:209, 12/7/2011. PMID: 22152097
2. Phuc V Pham, Ngoc Bich Vu, Thuy Thanh Duong, Tam Thanh Nguyen, Nhung Hai Truong, Nhan Lu Chinh Phan, Tue Gia Vuong, Viet Quoc Pham, Hoang Minh Nguyen, Kha The Nguyen, Nhung Thi Nguyen, Khue Gia Nguyen, Dong Van Le, Kiet Dinh Truong, Ngoc Kim Phan. “Suppression of human breast tumors in NOD/SCID mice by CD44 shRNA gene therapy combined with doxorubicin treatment”. Journal of Onco Target and Therapy 5:77-84, 2012. PMID: 22649280
3. Nguyen Thi Nhung, Khuat Tan Lam, Nguyen Minh Hoang, Le Thi Hanh, Nguyen Mai Trinh, Phan Kim Ngoc, Pham Van Phuc. “Evaluation of in vitro phagocytic activity of umbilical cord blood-derived dendritic cells with antigens from breast cancer cells”. The 8th scientific conference, University of Science, VNU – HCM City.
11/28/2012: Attending welcome celebration for Professor Harald Zur Hausen, awarded 2008 Nobel laureate to Vietnam National University.
5/ 2012: Organizer of Physiology Conference in Vietnamese Southern area.
09/2011 – Present: Chemical manager in Stem cell lab
10/14/2011: Master of Celebrity; The University of Science; Coordinate the negotiations and signing ceremonies of cooperation between University of Science and Jeju National University, Korea.
12/2010 – Present: Permanent member of a charity team to help children in orphanage in Hoc Mon, a suburban area of Ho Chi Minh City.
2011: Meeting of Biomedical Engineering of Tokyo Institute of Technology, University of Science, Vietnam National University.
10/2010: Attended the 7th Scientific Conference, University of Science, Vietnam National University.
2010: Attended the 1st Conference of Biomaterials Engineering, University of Science, Vietnam National University.
Name: Nguyen, Thi Nhung
Date of Birth: Jan, 21st, 1988
Place of Birth: Thai Binh City, Vietnam
Marital status: Single
Home Address: 158/31, group 52, quarters 11, Tan Chanh Hiep Ward, Dist. 12, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Current address: Faculty of Biology, University of Science,Vietnam National University of Ho Chi Minh City, 227 Nguyen Van Cu street, Ward 4, Dist 5, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
Phone (Lab): 84-8-38-397-719
Cell phone: 84–976-462-842